In 1972 Dave Davis, one of the first paramedics in New Jersey, along with his wife Gerri, invested their life savings to make their dream come true. So in July of that year Alert Ambulance Service was born.
As time marched on and their business grew, Dave and Geraldine were joined by their children who helped in creating the company that their parents envisioned. Today Alert employs over 250 people and has a fleet of over 100 vehicles. Alert operates 6 New Jersey offices located in Ocean, Monmouth, Mercer and Middlesex Counties with its Corporate Headquarters located in Lakewood Township.
In an ever-changing industry Alert as made great strides in many areas including organizational development, company growth, and technology.
Significant changes to the company include:
- 1989 The retirement of Dave and Gerri Davis
- 1995 Acquisition of Stat Ambulance Service
- 1998 Strategic Partnering with Meridian Health System
- 1998 Acquisition of Coastal Emergency Medical Services
- 2000 Acquisition of Central Jersey division of American Medical Response
- 2001 Acquisition of Reliable Transportation
- 2007 Acquisition of St. Francis Medical Center EMS
- 2016 Acquisition of Raritan Bay Ems / Respond Ambulance BLS Division.
Today, son, Robert Davis is leading the company forward with vision. His extensive knowledge, experience and sound business decisions still keep his parents original values firmly embedded in the company’s corporate philosophy, and today Alert Ambulance is licensed with the New Jersey Department of Health to provide SCT, BLS, and MAV service throughout the state of New Jersey